Legal Lead @ Glovo
We’re a Barcelona-based startup and the fastest-growing delivery player in Europe, Africa, and Western Asia. With food at the core of the business, Glovo delivers any product within your city at any time of day.
At Glovo, you’ll have the job of your life while working together towards our shared vision to give everyone easy access to anything in their city. We welcome top performers that will bring new ideas, diverse perspectives, and provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact on millions of lives… all while having fun!
We believe that diversity adds incredible value to our teams, our products, and our culture. We know that the best ideas and solutions come by bringing together people from all over the world and by fostering a culture of inclusion where everyone feels heard and has the chance to make a real impact. It’s because of this that we are committed to providing equal opportunities to talent from all backgrounds.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example: she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
YOUR WORK-LIFE OPPORTUNITY:
Glovo is growing and expanding to new markets, that’s why we are looking for an experienced and hands-on Legal Lead that will work directly with the Finance Ukraine and other teams on managing the day to day implications in the business and report to the Legal Department in HQ.
BE A PART OF A TEAM WHERE YOU WILL:
- Give you the trust and support to grow, develop, and make a difference while encouraging you to bring your unique perspective to the table.
- Collaborate together and learn from each other.
- Report to Legal HQ. Assists to complex sales, business and corporate-related transactions.
- Review various types of complex documents including standard and non-standard agreements, amendments, and letters/general communications received from external clients or customers.
- Collaborate with an external law firm, work with a strategic and innovative approach to drive the business. Research and analyze law sources such as statutes, recorded judicial decisions, legal articles, treaties and legal codes. Where applicable, draft legal memoranda and other applicable documents.
- Communication is key! Liaise with HQ Legal and make sure global policies and standards are implemented locally.
- Be business and legal at the same time! You will work with projects involving commercial agreements, corporate, compliance, and other legal activities. You will analyze and suggest improvements to the Legal area.
- Keep the manager and the company’s management updated on potential/actual litigation contingencies and any impact on the affiliate’s budget and cash flow.
- Provide consultation and advice on a variety of matters including contract, labor, corporate and other areas.
- Strategic thinker! Support all internal areas with legal advice, negotiations, drafting agreements, policies and documents. You will perform day-to-day consultative matters, as well as administrative activities to support Legal.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- A passion to make a positive impact on the life of millions of people through technology
- Degree in Law
- Fluent English and Ukrainian
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
We are always looking for the best candidates, so if you think you would be a good fit even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements we would love to hear from you!
EXPERIENCE OUR GLOVO LIFE BENEFITS:
- Enticing equity plan
- Top-notch private health insurance
- Monthly Glovo credit to spend on our restaurant products and zero delivery fee on all Glovo orders!
- Flexible time off (take the time you need) and hybrid working model (own your time)
- Enhanced parental leave including nursery support!
- Online therapy and wellbeing benefit
- External learning budget