International Tax and Compliance Specialist @ American Technologies Network (ATN)
Login to bookmark
Roles and Responsibilities:
Tax management and consulting stream:
- Monitor tax developments across the relevant jurisdictions, as well as legislative, tax and regulatory changes on the domestic and international fronts
- Support the business operationally, on all significant transactions including go-to-market strategies, to mitigate adverse tax impacts, and managing withholding tax and PE issues
- Oversee and manage the USA consolidated tax group
- Manage the relationship with the Tax Authorities — lead and manage response to tax audits, audit strategy, estimating financial consequences, tax controversy from the local exam process, administrative appeals, litigation, mutual agreement procedures, and advance pricing agreements
- Enforce company tax policies, practices, and controls, ensuring consistency on a worldwide basis
- Identify and manage tax exposures/opportunities and support Central Finance Team with estimates/probability for ETR, cash, and documenting technical positions (FIN48 and FAS5)
- Work with cross-functional and cross-border teams to lead, develop, support and implement strategic tax initiatives including restructuring, Value Chain initiatives, Intellectual Property planning, funding and cash repatriation strategies, mergers and acquisitions, whilst managing the overall ETR and cash tax impact to the business
- Assist in M&A and post-transaction integration activities and business restructuring projects
- Quarterly update of the Group Tax Model
- Tax Compliance cycle — Maintain global tax calendar, coordinate internally with outside service provides regarding filing obligations and due dates to ensure accurate and timely filing of tax returns and financial statements and related mandatory disclosures.
- Ensure full compliance, administration and reporting of income tax, monitor regulatory requirements and deadlines, manage reporting and tax payments process.
- Taking a lead for the annual tax provision cycle for the legal entities within the Group (US GAAP).
- Review of the financial statements and income tax returns, preparation of the provision to return reconciliations and tax entries.
- Financial Statements audit support (from the tax perspective)
- Leading the KYC projects for banks, service providers
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance. Additional degree or qualification in Taxation will be an asset
- 6+ experience as a tax professional on multi-jurisdictional/international matters
- Expertise in US corporate, State and sales tax
- Comfortable working with numbers and detail-orientated, whilst able to step back strategically and see the bigger picture
- Strong technical knowledge and experience of French tax law
- Experience in dealing with tax agencies on tax-related matters and controversies
- Demonstrated ability to work in different tax territories, on cross border projects, mergers and acquisitions, cross-border financing, structuring, licensing and royalty and treaty issues
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the tax environment for a U.S. multinational group, including transfer pricing
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP & local tax accounting, and experience working with external auditors of multi-national companies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills: clear thinker with ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, using judgement to make decisions with available data, and anticipate risk
- Team player who can operate successfully in a complex matrix organization, with strong influencing skills and confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels, functions and regions within global teams; able to clearly communicate and present complex information in an easy-to-understand manner to stakeholders at all levels. Working language in the company is English.
- Able to deliver messages effectively verbally and in writing and partner to implement business decisions/solutions
- Demonstrated ability to execute and implement in addition to advising; ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, whilst prioritizing based on business needs; ability to implement processes and controls throughout a global tax function or organization
- Solid PC skills: strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup); experience with Microsoft Dynamics is a plus
- Experience with SOX internal controls and documentation is a plus
- A work environment where your ideas do matter
- Being a part of international business with high-tech products
- New and well-organized working facility
- Highly competitive salary package
- Convenient work schedule
- Free consultations with corporate lawyer on any legal matter
- Free hot meals in the office
- Friendly and open-hearted teams
- Relocation bonus to Sofia, BG
- Social benefits: options for sport Card, additional health insurance, transport cost allowance
If you are a good fit for this position, please send your CV in English along with your salary requirements. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.