We’re looking for a business oriented and highly motivated individual to join as Legal Counsel to support our expanding operations. We expect you to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with supportive management, to take high responsibility and to have legal subject skills in commercial law and corporate matters pertaining to the IT sector.
In this role you will examine and draft IT services, supplier, employment and other vendor contracts, manage copyrights and trademarks, preserve business records, manage legal projects and be responsible for turnkey projects. You will be responsible for corporate business operations by giving proactive, professional, competent, and effective legal support. Sound knowledge and understanding of applicable laws and regulations, and the ability to make prudent legal decisions are key points for this role.
As Legal counsel you will need to bring negotiation and drafting skills and business sense to deal with multiple operational and technical teams in a rapidly scaling business. You will collaborate with local business leaders (Business Development, Project Finance and Construction) as well as with supporting areas (Finance, Admin, Accounting, HR, Recruiting, PR) advising on legal decisions, business strategies and other topics related to our operations. A successful candidate should have outstanding negotiation and interpersonal skills and be comfortable working both independently as well as part of various teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Draft and proofread SLA’s, Software Development Agreements, Supply Agreements, and other Master Services Agreements with contractors, vendors and draft other legal documents, such as legal opinions and due-diligence opinions.
- Collect, examine, and organize documents for legal review in internal systems, reply promptly and prepare legal documents and legal response ad hoc.
- Research regulations, laws, and legal articles within the legislation of the Ukraine, Poland, Czech Republic and Romania, and other international legislation and prepare legal reports and advice.
- Manage and support copyright flow as needed globally, legal support of development, registration trademarks in Ukraine with Ukrpatent, and for the EU with TM/Patent authorities.
- Advise on data protection matters in relation to GDPR development, prepare relevant legal documents, review and maintain procedures related to data processing and handling data subject requests.
- To support Compliance matters, draft legal Procedures, Policies and Instructions.
- Work closely with senior management to shape and guide the business’s legal strategy.
- Take ownership of day-to-day legal needs.
Qualifications And Skills
- Master of Laws diploma or LLM
- 10 years PQE at a major international law firm and /or in-house experience at an IT company
- Extensive experience in negotiating, drafting commercial contracts for marketing, sales, technology and IT services
- Experience advising on legal and regulatory aspects applying to digital products and marketing
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working across subject areas in a growing organization
- Strong commercial acumen and balanced approach to legal-commercial risk-taking
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly under pressure and deliver results
- Attitude and ability to positively shape interactions between legal function and technical teams
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Ukrainian.
We offer multiple benefits that include:
- Competitive salary and perks
- PE accounting and support
- WFH and remote working mode possibility. Partial furniture compensation
- Social package, including medical insurance available from day one and a wellbeing benefit for sport and art activities, mental and physical health, available after trial period
- 21 paid vacation days per year, paid public holidays according to the Ukrainian legislation
- Educational possibilities like corporate courses, knowledge hubs, and free English classes. Semiannual performance review
- Free meals, fruits, and snacks when working in the office.
Labeled as: SNR
To apply for this job please visit squad.ua.