3Shape is a Danish hi-tech company that creates 3D scanning and software solutions for healthcare industry, such as hearing and dental aid production, where we have a global leading position for more than 20 years.
3Shape is headquartered in Copenhagen, with development teams in Denmark and Ukraine and with a production site in Poland. We are global company with representation offices in Europe, Asia and the Americas. Founded in a year 2000, today, 3Shape serves customers in over 100 countries.
At 3Shape we are extremely proud of our market-leading and award-winning 3D scanners and medical device software solutions. And with our newly released corporate strategy, we focus even more on the development of the right solutions for our customers.
To ensure that intellectual property on such solutions is protected, we are now establishing a Patent unit in Kyiv. In this regard, we are looking for a Patent Team Lead to work in our Kyiv office.
In this role, you will work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and exciting work environment, with opportunities to mentor team members and develop and share best practices.
The position reports to Director of IP.
- Establishing, managing, and developing a patent team of two patent professionals in Kyiv
- Leading and mentoring the two patent professionals in several patent tasks such as patent searches, drafting, prosecution, patent analysis, etc. and developing the best process for patent related work. This further includes reviewing and approving the work product of your team to maintain quantity requirements and high-quality standards.
- Conducting workshops to increase patent awareness, facilitating idea harvesting efforts, and establishing collaborative processes with different stakeholders
- Performing patent-related tasks including conducing prior art searches, drafting patent applications, patent analysis, competitor surveillance, etc.
To be successful in this position, you should have strong organization, leadership, stakeholder management and communication skills to both write and prosecute patent applications with high quality and efficiency, as well as develop those same skill sets in the team of patent professionals. You should also be timely, autonomous, dependable, and personally accountable.
- Preferred technical backgrounds include: Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mechanical Engineering and another science or engineering major with significant course work in Computer Science, optics, or Electrical Engineering; or significant patent application preparation experience in the field of computer implemented invention or optics
- Several years of experience in the patent field, especially in drafting and prosecution
- Preferably experience in managing and/or mentoring others
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Participation in producing market-leading technology products for customers around the world
- Work in a unique professional, friendly and supportive environment
- Constant professional growth and development
- Occasional business trips to Western Europe
- Competitive salary level
- Good working conditions in a comfortable office (not open space!) near National Technical University “KPI”
- 39 working hours per week within flexible time-frame from 8:00 till 20:00
- Possibility of partially remote work
- A parking lot with free spaces for employees
- A healthy work-life balance
- Annual paid vacation (24 working days)
- Paid sick leaves and a child sick leaves
- Maternity and paternity leaves
- Medical insurance (incl. massage in the office).
- Compensation of lunches
- Regular company events
- Opportunity to become a part of the success that 3Shape has created over the past 20 years
We will be glad to welcome you in our team!
Labeled as: MID
To apply for this job please visit careers.3shape.com.