At Nextiva, we create connected communication tools that help businesses stay in touch with their customers and teams. Over 100,000 companies rely on Nextiva for phone service and customer management tools. Founded in 2008, Nextiva took on the trillion-dollar telecom industry and succeeded in changing the game by making technology more accessible and affordable for everyone. Companies solve their toughest challenges using our VoIP innovations and signature Amazing Service®.
We’re actively looking for Legal Counsel to join our team!
Legal Counsel supports Nextiva by advising the key stakeholders on solutions to address a wide range of commercial matters related to the company’s business. He/she should be providing Amazing Service to our internal customers and supporting the company’s day-to-day operations from a legal perspective.
Please see below the key responsibilities of a Legal Counsel at Nextiva Ukraine:
- Staying in the loop of the latest legal news and legislation updates, advising the key stakeholders of the Company on changes that may affect the business (leadership, Finance, HR etc.);
- Keeping the Company compliant with the current legislation of Ukraine;
- Working with various teams and providing legal advice on regulatory compliance, employment, tax, and commercial laws, etc.
- Working with contracts: drafting/reviewing/negotiating the agreements, additional agreements, termination agreements, NDAs etc.; keeping track of the Company’s contractual arrangements in the established format;
- Drafting legal documents, i.e. powers of attorney, letters to state authorities, claim letters, Company policies, procedures, etc.;
- Working with Ukrainian state authorities;
- Supporting foreign employees of the Company with immigration matters;
- Collaboration with the legal team at US headquarters and outsourced legal advisors in Ukraine and other countries;
- Supporting international expansion of the Company;
- Supporting the business partners of Nextiva’s affiliates in Ukraine on various services-related matters;
- Keeping legal documentation of the Company in good order;
- Being proactive and happy when assigned with other tasks by your supervisor.
- Law degree (Master of Laws);
- Excellent legal research / analysis / review / drafting skills;
- Basic international law skills;
- Advanced English;
- Experienced Microsoft Office user;
- International experience and tax expertise will be a plus;
- Strong communication skills;
- 3+ years of legal experience with a law firm or in-house.
- Competitive salary;
- Employment under Ukrainian legislation;
- Health and life insurance upon probation and other benefits;
- Friendly team;
- Comfortable work environment;
- Corporate English classes with native speaker.
Labeled as: MID