At Lyft, our mission is to improve people’s lives with the world’s best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, and diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a bright, pragmatic, and self-motivated employment attorney with 5+ years of employment counseling and litigation experience to join our growing Legal team.
The ideal candidate will leverage their prior law firm and/or in-house experience to provide thoughtful, timely, practical and business-minded legal advice primarily to the 300+ professionals on Lyft’s People Team. You must have experience litigating and/or counseling on compliance with the Ukrainian labor law, as well as familiarity with relevant IP, Tax, Data Protection, and Corporate and Commercial/Civil laws. Prior in-house or seconded technology company experience is preferred but not required.
The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial and comfortable working in an ambiguous, quickly-changing and fast-paced environment and will report directly to the Senior Counsel, Employment.
- Provide pragmatic day-to-day employment advice and counseling on a broad range of labor law and related issues in order to balance business impact and legal risk including HR practices, performance management, terminations, recruiting, hiring, leaves of absence, employee accommodations, compensation and benefits, and wage and hour matters
- Identify and review pre-litigation and litigation matters and develop and implement strategies for early resolution (as appropriate) and work with outside counsel as appropriate
- Partner closely with Lyft’s Employee Relations professionals on employee complaints and investigations
- Collaborate with other members of the Employment Team and People Team to audit HR practices and ensure compliance with applicable labor laws
- Develop and deliver training to managers and employees — candidates must be comfortable with public speaking
- Monitor important developments in labor law in Ukraine and neighboring countries, striving to spot trends in their infancy
- Work and build trust with cross-functional partners from teams across the Legal Department and the larger Corporation
- Travel from time-to-time as necessary to service internal clients; develop cross-office relationships; and attend legal proceedings/negotiations in Ukraine
- 5+ years practicing labor law at a leading law firm and/or in-house, with experience and/or interest in international employment work. Experience of working with global companies in-house or as clients is a plus.
- Advocate (admitted to a bar) in Ukraine
- Specialist or Master in Law degree from a top-tier university
- Full professional proficiency in English (speaking, reading, writing)
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities, judgment, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, convey grace under pressure, and simultaneously manage complex workloads, multiple client demands, and shifting priorities
- Be a resourceful self-starter and have a passion for results. Embody Lyft’s culture, and operate with high standards and ethics
- Health insurance, life and personal accident insurance benefits
- Mental health benefits
- 28 days for paid time off in addition to 12 observed holidays and additional recharge days off throughout the year
- Family building benefits
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, and foster parents are all eligible
Labeled as: MID, SNR
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.