SocialTech is a product IT company where we recreated the venture capital world. As venture builder, we kick off and run startups with a focus on analytics, data, and machine learning.
We are looking for Head of Legal at a venture builder level with a focus on product compliance, primarily in Tier-1 geos (USA, EU, UK, etc.). This is a crucial role in achieving our vision — helping our founders build at least 5 sustainable $100M+ businesses with a market cap potential. It entails not only legal, but also business decisions and huge impact on portfolio companies and its prospects.
What you’ll do:
- Lead, develop and recruit a team of legal and compliance practitioners to deliver and implement the compliance agenda;
- Design legal compliance guidance covering primarily US and EU consumer protection, B2C marketing, IP and data privacy legislation;
- Assess the risks of our business models, implement comprehensive and business-oriented solutions for risks mitigation;
- Implement compliance programs on all business/product/marketing aspects, i.e. from the legal analysis of business models to the design of ToU and payment pages;
- Liaise with tier-1 US and EU legal firms to conduct in-depth legal research on various business risks (B2B SaaS, online-services market-place, entertainment platform, etc.);
- Participate as a member of the portfolio company board(s) of directors, focusing on growth opportunities via a compliance lens;
- Develop trust-based counselling relationships with portfolio executives and senior leadership;
- You will report directly to the senior executive business partner of SocialTech.
What we offer:
- Significant exposure to impacting high-growth businesses and designing what they will look like (imagine you were brought by Benchmark to fuel sustainable growth of Uber);
- Work along with people coming from top-tier local and international companies (Big Law, McKinsey, Horizon, Bolt, Didi, etc.);
- Flat organization structure with significant liaison with founders and decision-makers;
- Competitive salary and benefits with a performance-related compensation model;
- An outstanding candidate will have the opportunity to be promoted to a partner in 2-3 years.
Starter-kit needed to join the team:
- 5-8 years of experience in either of: big law firms / legal boutiques / top-tier local or international companies;
- High level of critical thinking – your decisions will literally affect business top- and bottom line;
- Law degree from a top-tier Ukrainian or foreign university;
- Fluent legal/business English. Advanced drafting skills;
- Proactive self-starter.
Our ideal profile:
- Previous professional exposure (including in-house) to tech sector (marketplaces, B2C platforms, ride-hailing, etc.);
- Expertise in US and EU consumer protection law, IP / data-protection law, commercial law (i.e., FTC Act, ROSCA, CAN-SPAM ACT, GDPR, etc.);
- Advanced degree: LLM, MLB, MBA or other;
- Certifications: CIPP/E, CIPP/US, CIPM or other;
- Proven management experience.