Фахівець/чиня з контрактів @ USAID Проєкт енергетичної безпеки
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a seven-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the largest USAID project in Ukraine so far. The USAID ESP is implemented by a USAID Contractor, Tetra Tech ES, Inc., a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The USAID ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support the country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. USAID ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, USAID ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians. USAID ESP is currently in the fifth year of implementation and will run through June 2025.
* Please note: Only Ukrainian nationals are eligible for this position.
USAID ESP is currently looking to hire a Contracts Specialist, who will be responsible for supporting the Contracts Manager in the life cycle of US Government contract administration. Primary responsibilities include (1) supporting the Contracts Manager in drafting various contractual documents (i.e. agreements, client approvals, and procurement documents amongst others); (2) supporting the Contracts Manager in providing contractual advice to field office staff; (3) ensuring compliance to various regulations, policies and contracts; and (4) supporting identification of contractual obligations and risk mitigation. This is a long-termposition for the period of 1 year with the possibility of extension, based in Kyiv office, Ukraine. The position involves partially remote work, the Specialist is expected to be present in the Kyiv office for at least 2 business days a week, the in-office days may be further extended. The Contracts Specialist will report to the Contracts Manager.
- Ensure project compliance with government contracting requirements;
- Implement appropriate acquisition instruments based on project requirements;
- Review and obtain procurement files accomplishments, including RFQs/RFPs, evaluation memos, negotiations, and sole source justifications;
- Support Contracts Manager with contractual matters;
- Create, modify, and draft purchase orders, subcontracts agreements;
- Track contracts performance together with technical representatives, invoices processing, perform supplier evaluation, close-out of contracts.
- Support negotiation with subcontractors and client budgets;
- Help maintain project inventory of all expendable and nonexpendable items;
- Maintain field office procurement and contracts files;
- Assist the Contracts Manager in completing the quarterly internal review of contract files;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 5 + years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree preferably in the Economics and International Development field or equivalent job experience.
- Prior work experience with U.S. federal government procurement, preferably with USAID and other donor agencies;
- Previous financial and operations management experience;
- Basic knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Registers and USAID Acquisition Regulations;
- Strong attention to details;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment;
- Basic negotiating and budgeting skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Fluent in English and Ukrainian.
To apply: Please submit a CV in English and a brief cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to UESPjobs@tetratech.com
There is no deadline associated with this position, USAID ESP may fill the position when a qualified person is found. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.