Data Privacy Counsel (Remote) @ E2open
Login to bookmark
E2open is the connected supply chain platform that enables the world’s largest companies to transform the way they make, move, and sell goods and services. We connect more than 400,000 partners as one multi-enterprise network. Powered by the network, data, and applications, our SaaS platform anticipates disruptions and opportunities to help companies improve efficiency, reduce waste, and operate sustainably. Our employees around the world are focused on delivering enduring value for our clients.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership on E2open’s global compliance with data protection laws and requirements, including putting in place programs, processes and the policies.
- Own and keep under constant review all e2open’s global data protection compliance arrangements to include updating policies and guidance, centralising processes and putting in place robust, time-bound remedial plans where necessary.
- Inform and advise on the Global Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its requirements. Serving as a subject matter expert and developing and implementing a robust compliance plan.
- Partner with all key business areas, in particular the Info Sec team, to ensure data privacy issues are considered at the outset of new projects, products and initiatives.
- Help manage the data privacy network across all global offices.
- Advise on enquiries and issues relating to data privacy practices, withdrawal of consent, the right to be forgotten, and related rights.
- Monitor the industry landscape to keep visibility on evolutions, trends, and best practices related to Data Privacy.
- Provide additional support, as necessary, on other European legal issues related to other areas of e2open business, including human resources, customer contracting and entity compliance.
- Other tasks and activities as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6+ years of combined, relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies, and/or in-house legal departments.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification.
- Demonstrate experience of managing data privacy issues in a global organisation.
- Expertise in global and European data protection laws and practices and an in-depth understanding of the GDPR.
- Capable of conducting data privacy compliance reviews and audits.
- Have the ability to develop awareness and communications at all levels within e2open.
- Ability to review, analyse and organise documentary and factual evidence.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel and online research tools.
- High work standards.
- Excellent writing, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own caseload.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with people across the business.
- Ability to work well in both a team and individually.
- Keen to develop and use initiative.
General office environment and responsibilities requiring:
- Extensive use of the computer which involves viewing a monitor and keyboarding for most of the workday.
- Placing and receiving phone calls.
- May require occasional travel.