- This event has passed.
UK-IVR 2022 Annual Conference – Law, Rationality and Practical Reason
June 10 @ 10:15 - June 11 @ 20:00 UTC+2
The UK-IVR Association for Philosophy of Law and Social Philosophy in collaboration with the University of Surrey Centre for Law and Philosophy are delighted to announce its 2022 Annual Conference.
The conference centres on the intersections of law, rationality and practical reason, from ancient and/or contemporary perspectives. We aim to create a platform for the exchange of ideas and the creation of synergies for new ways of thinking about law, practical reason and rationality among researchers in the field of philosophy, legal theory, law, sociology, psychology, intellectual history, classics and political science. We encourage all methodologies, including historical analysis and comparative intellectual history.
Please note that the conference will be held entirely online, and registration is free and mandatory for both presenters and attendees.
Attendees and presenters will receive the full programme, including abstracts, and the respective zoom links of the Conference after registration.
Dates and Times
- 10th June 09:15 – 19:00
- 11th June 09:15 – 19:00
- Professor Kimberley Brownlee (University of British Columbia)
- Professor Terence Irwin (University of Oxford and Cornell University)
- Professor Melissa Lane (Princeton University)
- Professor Matt Matravers (University of York)
- Antony Hatzistavrou (University of Hull, School of Law and Politics, UK), UK-IVR President
- Noam Gur (Queen Mary, University of London, Law School), Treasurer
- Alex Houghton (University of Surrey Centre for Law and Philosophy)
- Simon Palmer (University of Surrey Centre for Law and Philosophy)
- Veronica Rodriguez-Blanco (University of Surrey Centre for Law and Philosophy), UK-IVR Secretary