- This event has passed.
Protecting Your Investments: Options for RES Investors
June 24, 2020 @ 15:00 - 17:00 UTC+2
• Recent legislative developments impacting investments in the renewable energy sector, and what we ought to expect next.
• Remedies available to investors under the Energy Charter Treaty (ECT) and Bilateral Investment Treaties (BITs).
• Who qualifies for protection?
• Changing the ownership structure in order to qualify for investment arbitration.
• Differences between protection of rights in investment arbitration against the Ukrainian Government and in the International Court of Arbitration in Paris against SE “Guaranteed Buyer” (offtaker).
• What damages may be claimed?
• Opportunities to use special funds to finance arbitration costs.
• Collective redress.
• Recognition, enforcement and payment of an arbitral award.
• Remedies under Ukrainian law.
Our panel of speakers includes experienced experts from the renewable energy sector and international arbitration:
• Jose Feris, Squire Patton Boggs, Paris, partner in the International Dispute Resolution Practice Group specializing in international commercial arbitration, public international law and investment arbitration.
• John Branson, Squire Patton Boggs, New York, partner in the International Dispute Resolution Practice Group advising on complex, high-value cases with a focus on commercial and investment arbitrations.
• Tetiana Mylenka, LL.M, Hillmont Partners, counsel and head of the energy practice.
• Bohdan Novyk, Hillmont Partners, lawyer.