- This event has passed.
Preparing your law firm for success in the post-pandemic era
March 5 @ 10:00 - March 19 @ 17:00 UTC+2
Price: £2,195.00 plus VAT (£439.00)
Book by 12 February to take advantage of our 10% early bird discount on the list price
Three-day interactive law firm management course held on 5, 12 and 19 March
Are you ready for what lies ahead?
Three-day online Global Legal Post course, in association with Lexington Consultants, addressing the current challenges as well as the opportunities ahead for law firms in 2021. The unique faculty of consultants leading this MBA-style course have held senior positions at some of the world’s most successful law firms.
“We’ve designed this course for law firms trying to make sense of the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead in these uncertain times,” Peter Cornell, chair, Lexington Consultants, and former global managing partner, Clifford Chance
The Covid-19 pandemic is proving to be the ultimate disrupter. It has generated unprecedented client demand for business-critical legal advice against the background of intense cost pressures, forcing law firms to abandon long-established working practices and reshape their business models.
This Masterclass will draw on a world-class faculty of former law firm leaders and specialist consultants to equip attendees to meet the challenges of the post-Covid business environment. It will be highly interactive, enabling participants to discuss their challenges with leading experts. Delegates will also have the opportunity to work in small groups with colleagues from other firms, sharing experiences, discussing case studies and building relationships. The course will also feature guest appearances from a selection of leading general counsel.
Six modules spread over the first three Fridays of March.
Day One – Building your business
Morning: Finding new business opportunities within a changing world
Afternoon: Growing your firm and revenue through referral relationships, networks, alliances and merger
Day Two – Improving financial performance
Morning: Financial strategy and profitability: addressing the financial challenges of 2021 and beyond.
Afternoon: Law firm ownership, partner performance and profit sharing: understanding the new financial imperatives
Day Three – delivering on your strategy
Morning: Delivering Value: Improving your legal service delivery through better use of knowledge, technology and innovation
Afternoon: Leadership workshop: Inspiring your people and leading them through change
The Lexington Consultants team:
- Peter Cornell (chair), former global managing partner, Clifford Chance,
- Mari Cruz Taboada, associate professor at IE Business School, Madrid
- Moray McLaren, fellow, Harvard’s Institute of Coaching
- Paul Browne, former director for group strategy at Barclays
- Katie Dignan, sales and business development strategist
- Richard Macklin, former global vice chair, Dentons
- Steven Revell, former partner and head of the StrongerTogether client relationship programme, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
- Stuart Hopper, former director of practice development, knowledge and innovation, Dentons
- Tony King, former director, Clifford Chance Academy
- Understand how Covid-19 and digitalisation is changing client demand
- Discover how incumbent law firms can respond to disruption by reframing their strategy
- Discover a new methodology for assessing and pursuing opportunities to partner or merge with other practices
- Learn best practice for time recording and cash collection; discover new sources of lending and investment
- Understand the constraints imposed by traditional law firm ownership and how partners’ interests can be more closely aligned with your firm’s
- Learn the latest trends in partner performance: objective setting, evaluation and profit-sharing
- Receive a toolkit for reshaping your firm’s teams, processes and technology so they are equipped to deliver on your vision and strategy
- Gain a clearer understanding of your leadership role and the skills you need to lead your firm’s people at all levels through change
The Masterclass experience
- The sessions will be led by a world-class faculty of consultants and former law firm leaders – all now advising law firms in every corner of the world
- Interactive methodologies, allowing delegates to share ideas and build connections
- Small group experience – break-out sessions and networking
- Practical workshops using real-life examples and case studies
- Preparation and takeaway materials
Feedback from the Global Legal Post Masterclass series
“The perfect way to immerse myself in everything I needed to know to set our firm up for success.”
“Best practice sharing not only with the course leader but also with other participants.”
“The small group provided ample opportunity to consider individual circumstances and questions.”
Who should attend?
Law firm partners including practice and firm leaders
Law firm business professionals including finance, technology, marketing, people and knowledge experts
Lawyers preparing for leadership roles
About Lexington Consultants
This course has been devised by Lexington Consultants, in partnership with The Global Legal Post. Lexington assists law firms globally as they address their most complex strategic and organisational issues and develop actionable responses. The team is made up former lawyers who have held senior leadership position at top firms and professionally trained consultants who have come to specialise in the legal sector. Clients include an array of the global elite as well leading independent law firms across every continent.