- This event has passed.
Introduction to Startup Law
June 25, 2020 @ 19:30 - 20:30 UTC+2
Buckworths is a law firm based in London working exclusively with startups and high growth businesses operating in the UK.
This session gives an overview of the main legal issues and documentation that need to be understood by startups as they get up and running. Some of the topics covered will be:
• How to incorporate your business and the best structure to use;
• Relevant taxes and how to register for them;
• What are intellectual property rights and how can they be protected;
• Managing risk in a startup;
• Vesting, options and incentives for co-founders and employees;
• Data protection, GDPR and cookies;
• Things to include in your customer documentation; and
• Some thoughts on raising investment.
The session will conclude with an open Q&A session.
The event is free to attend and will take place online using Zoom, the online video chat software. Attendees are advised to download the Zoom application to their computer or phone as it contains more functionality than the web-based version. Attendees will need to either log in or create an account with Zoom. This is free – a subscription is not required to attend this seminar.
Join Zoom Meeting
Download Zoom here
You will receive an email with the Meeting ID and Password on Thursday, 25th June 2020, at 12:00h.
Attendees are asked to access the Zoom call promptly at the stated start time so that the seminar can commence on time.