1st Munich Legal Tech Summer School
April 2 - April 6
- Interdisciplinary Legal Tech summer school for PhD students and early carreer Postdocs from Computer Science, Law, and adjacent disciplines
- Munich, Germany and online; 2nd to 6th of August 2021
- Application deadline: 25th of April 2021
- The summer school will be a hybrid event allowing onsite and online participation. If local health guidelines allow, we will enable onsite participation in Munich under a comprehensive hygiene scheme. If you are not able to travel or do not feel safe in doing so, you can participate online.
- The summer school is funded by Volkswagen Foundation
The digital revolution has democratised many aspects of our lives. Access to knowledge is no longer restricted to those who can afford 32 volumes of Encyclopædia Britannica or have access to university libraries, instead it is available to everyone with access to the internet. The access to the fine arts, but also to once expensive services like translation, was opened up to new classes of citizens by digitisation. For a long time, the legal domain was arguably one of the biggest resistance to digitisation efforts and in some aspects still struggles to catch up with other industries.
- Talks: Each day will start with a lecture from an internationally renowned expert.
- Labs: In succession to most talks there will be related Lab-Sessions in which participants will work and discuss in interdisciplinary teams of 2 – 4 students. They will apply knowledge gained in the talks by analyzing datasets, using tools, and discuss results.
- Poster presentation: On the first day there will be a poster presentation where all participants can present their own research (interest) to the fellow participants.
- Panel discussion: A panel of experts will discuss ethical implications of the usage of AI for law and answer questions from the participants.
- Excursion: Participants will visit the Bavarian countryside and get the opportunity to network with speakers and participants.