About the Company
Truth Hounds (TH) – the NGO that documents and investigates war crimes, primarily in Ukraine and other conflict-affected regions of Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Caucasus.
With the mission to hunt for the truth, chase the perpetrators and protect the unprotected, Truth Hounds aims at:
- Enhancing the quality of domestic justice in prosecuting war crimes committed in Ukraine;
- Bringing to national and international justice the perpetrators of war crimes and crimes against humanity committed in Ukraine;
- Protecting the victims of war.
Since 2014, we deployed more than 150 field missions and collected evidence of international crimes through:
- obtaining witness testimonies;
producing photos and video on the alleged crime scenes;
- analysis and systematization of the evidence into the database;
- identifying alleged suspects;
Since the beginning of the full-scale Russian invasion, we have been actively working on collecting evidence of war crimes on the de-occupied territories of Ukraine. Given it, our team is mostly based in Ukraine now.
The duties of TH employees, in particular, include direct communication with people who have recently suffered Russian occupation (witnesses and victims of war crimes), as well as traveling to the crime scenes.
The second central part of our job is developing solid analytical reports based on collected data for further transmission to the international courts and the Ukrainian judiciary.